Monday, December 20, 2010

Still Me


Monday Greetings!
 We've been gone all weekend. It was a good one. Filled with all that I had hoped it would be.


Today, however, we are home. Most people think of being home as a time to relax.. but when you've got three littles, a small house, and have been away all weekend, only coming home long enough to pile the gifts on the floor and crawl into bed, it makes for one GIANT mess.


So I am back to the grind.


Laundry, dishes, cooking, scrubbing, bathing, sweeping, mopping, litter box cleaning, ahhhhhhh. Home. I do love being home. It's high on the list of my favorite places to be.. but with being a mama and wife, home isn't always relaxing. In fact it's almost never relaxing. Unless it's past nine at night and the littles are all fast asleep and even then I find myself in the kitchen preparing school lunches, wrapping Christmas gifts.. Busy, busy, busy.


I love this busy life of mine. I really wouldn't have it any other way. It will slow down one day when the littles are bigs and away from home and I will surely miss these busy times. It is good to live a full life, but sometimes as a stay at home mom I forget my purpose. I become this lady who just picks up after children. I'm the maid, the part-time cook, the tutor, chauffeur, accountant, and in all that mess I wonder.. Who am I?


The thing is, and I'm realizing this more and more as time passes, that I am still the same woman I was before I had my littles. I still love all of the things I loved then.. they are just on the back burner for now. I have passion for many things in life.. and new passions as well now that I've brought these three great people into the world. I am growing day by day.. and while I may seem like I'm just mom right now. While I may not have a whole lot to talk about in a social setting besides my littles. I am still me. I'm still in there under the messy unwashed hair, sweatpants, milk stained nursing top, baby on my hip, I'm Kristin. Most of the time when I'm having a hard time finding myself, or feeling lost at sea, all it takes is a cup of tea (or wine!) and some good tunes, a twirl or two around the living room and I find myself again. And once I find me, I'm at ease, life is good, and I slip back into mamahood like it's a glass slipper. One that was made just for me.


Or maybe it's not a glass slipper at all.. Maybe it's this brand spankin' new pair of Merrell's I got for Christmas..



because, after all, I'm not really a glass slipper kind of gal.


No comments:

Post a Comment