Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Funday

Today is Friday. Not just any Friday. Nope. This Friday kicks off the Christmas celebrations for the year.


I love Fridays. They start off good, they end good, they are good. Friday mornings are easy because I only have to get one little off to school. Who, might I add, is the easiest of the two. On Fridays I don't even have to go out and wait for the bus. There is no hair brushing, bundle-me-up, boots and all. It's just a kiss and a hug and out the door my biggest little goes. Of course he is bundled, but he's pretty smooth and does his bundling himself. And this Friday he's partying at school and getting out early. Score.


We were worried that he may not make the party as of yesterday. He woke yesterday morning with pain upon breathing. He couldn't breathe in, yawn, sneeze, cry, nothing. He was hurting. At first I thought maybe it was due to his "funnel chest" that his doctor and I had spoken about previously. Later on in the day he started complaining of stomach pains and a pounding headache which led me to believe it was the flu. So I decided to wait it out and see how he was feeling today. I awoke this morning at 6:30 to find him in the bathroom gossiping with his dad while he was getting ready for work. Christmas party here he comes! He couldn't have been more ecstatic.

It was pajama day at school yesterday so we celebrated at home.
PJ's are a must on sick days.
  After Friday, comes Saturday, and with Saturday comes family days. Days that Matt doesn't have to work. Days that we spend hanging around the house as a family watching movies, cooking, cleaning, playing, creating, lounging. It's all good. This Saturday however, is the start of our family Christmas celebrations. Saturday morning we have to get up early, get dressed, get the littles dressed, get the husband dressed (he's a slow mover on his days off) and get out the door for a basketball game and then we are off to finish our Christmas shopping. After a day of shopping we will head over to my dads house to kick off the Christmas fun with good eats, family, love, presents, and hopefully some good wine too..


:: Last year at the Christmas party at dad's I was pregnant but not spilling the beans just yet. So when they passed out the glasses of wine I took pretend sips and when no one was looking, dumped my glass into Matt's. So needless to say this year I am sooooooo looking forward to the wine ::


It will be a full weekend. Wrapping up with a Sunday brunch at my Aunt's house to celebrate Christmas with my Grandparents. Bring on the goodness.


And even though Dom wasn't feeling well yesterday my midlittle and I still managed to have a little fun on the side. I'd signed up for a Christmas party at his school and didn't want to back out at the last minute so my mom watched Dominic and Ellie for me. We had fun. I love going to my boys' school and visiting their classrooms. It never fails to put a smile on my face. They smile too because they love having visitors. It's double the good. Owyn was making a gingerbread house and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to snap a few photos of the fun.. but.. my camera had a different plan. :: batteries depleted :: So after we got home we snapped a few pictures to remember the day..



Christmas sweater stud.
We also found out that our smallest little of all is indeed becoming aware of strangers. Yesterday while I was away celebrating preschool style Ell's Uncle Nate tried holding her.. and she screamed. She screamed for a half an hour while I was gone. So much so that my mom couldn't calm her and Ell girl loves my mom. Luckily the party ended just in time. By the time I got to her she was only sniffling a tad. Phew. Talk about heartbreaking. So I spent a little extra time over there trying to help ease her into a bond with Uncle Nate. I think we made some progress.


Ellie Mae has had a good week. She's started blowing raspberries. At first she was only doing it when she was fighting sleep but now it's constant. And adorable. I'm really looking forward to kicking off the Christmas celebrations this weekend with our sweet gal.

Baby's First Christmas. It's right around the corner.

 ..But before we can kick off our stellar weekend this mama is off to clean my not so stellar looking house and eat a few cookies along the way. :: I shouldn't bake. When I do I eat treats for every meal. Seriously, it's bad. ::

Wishing fabulous weekends for everyone. Now go, be merry, and spread the cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment